Sensofoil® Membrane Potentiometer
Resistive track printed on circuit board – integrated metal strip for higher temperature resistance and longer life cycle
The Hybrid technology already mentioned for Sensofoil® potentiometers on PET can also be implemented on circuit boards. The PET layer with printed resistive track is simply replaced by the FR4 material. The Sensofoil® FR4-Hybrid was specifically developed for high operating temperatures of up to +105°C. The integrated, flexible metal strip is what makes this potentiometer particularly robust.
How does it work?
The operating principle of the Sensofoil® PET-Hybrid can be applied to the Sensofoil® FR4-Hybrid as well. The base membrane is replaced by a circuit board, providing further connecting and mounting options. The FR4 board can also be equipped based on customer requirements.
- ► Linear and radial designs
- ► Operating temperature: -25°C to +85°C
- ► Storage temperature: -25°C to +85°C
- ► Length up to 500mm
- ► Up to 500,000 operations
- ► Linearity: 2% linear design
- ► IP Rating: up to IP54
- ► Flat design starting at 0.9mm
- ► For high operating temperatures
- ► Particularly robust
- ► Operation possible by hand or wiper
- ► Easily adapted to customer specific design
- ► Collector membrane as wiper tap
- ► Metal strip (Hybrid technology)
- ► Spacers
- ► Circuit board with potentiometer resistive track
- ► Adhesive film or various connector options