Sensofoil® Membrane Potentiometer
Resistive track printed on PET foil
The membrane potentiometer based on PET foil is an interesting alternative for operating temperatures ranging from -25°C to +55°C. Compared to standardized complete systems, the H+K potentiometers can easily be adapted to existing machines and applications in the design phase. The compact design of only 0.5mm height makes the membrane potentiometer by H+K an ideal solution for restricted installation conditions. Sensofoil® PET-PET offers an unbeatable cost-advantage for a fully sealed system that can easily be adapted to virtually any customer requirements – whether linear, rotary or custom shapes.
How does it work?
Sensofoil® PET-PET consists of several layers, separated by a so called spacer. Only when the layers connect through mechanical pressure, either by using a wiper or by hand, a signal is produced. The top collector membrane does not produce an electric output through the wiper, rather the wiper pressure causes an electrical tap between the layers where contact is made. Therefore the electric functions are sealed inside the potentiometer, protected against dust and liquids, and proves reliable in the most adverse conditions. Sensofoil® potentiometers function as voltage dividers.
- ► Operating temperature: -25°C to +55°C
- ► Storage temperature: -25°C to +85°C
- ► Linear design: up to 900mm
- ► Up to 3 million operations
- ► Linearity: 4% radial design, 2% linear design
- ► IP Rating: up to IP65
- ► Flat design starting at 0.5mm
- ► Operation possible by hand or wiper
- ► Easily adapted to customer specific design
- ► Collector membrane as wiper tap
- ► Spacers
- ► Potentiometer resistive track
- ► Adhesive film
Have a question? Need a quote? Contact us today!