Our custom membrane switches have set European and worldwide standards in functionality and design
Please select a product
Design ideas that can be implemented with screen and digital printed membrane switches are virtually limitless. With and without tactile feedback, rigid or flexible - depending on the application, membrane keypads can provide the exact functionality and specifications required. Membrane switches with tactile feedback ensure clear, low-bounce switching behavior, regardless of who is using it. The shape of the contact fields guarantees reliable contact with clear feedback.
For our high-end custom membrane switches we use only the most reliable parts and materials. As an example, for our electrical contacts we use gold plated contact surfaces to increase the longevity.
Let us help you put the finishing touches on your exceptional product by designing and supplying you with the perfect man-machine interface solution.
• Mechanical keypads virtually have no limits in regards to applications and specific properties
• Membrane overlays open up new possibilities in design while offering fully optimized functionality
• Operator interfaces with high demands for safety, such as medical applications and nuclear technology have been tried and tested
• Highly reliable and serviceable mechanical membrane keypads, over a million switching cycles
• Facilitate optimal ergonomic operation of user interface
• Intelligent, compact, powerful, safe to operate and provide pleasant tactile feedback
• Designed and manufactured according to DIN standards
Composition of Membrane Switches
Domed Keys with Innovative GT Technology
The GT technology was developed in-house and it provides an innovative raised key feature for membrane switches. Raised keys allow the operator to feel where the key is located and trigger its functions without actually having to see the otherwise flat key. GT keys could even guarantee a safe operation by blind operators. If you are planning to have handicapped features in your membrane switch you want to consider GT.
A dome-shaped area of shiny plastic is accurately positioned onto the front of the membrane switch. As you can see in our sample pictures, the clear material also supports and enhances the visual appearance of your membrane keypad.
Furthermore, the dome shaped clear material will increase the readability of keys and signal or control lights. GT will increase the viewing angle for the keys and user interface.
This patented technology can also be used for large, rectangular keys for tough industrial membrane switches. The GT material we use has a “self-healing” feature. The self-healing feature almost magically brings the dome back to its original shape after the key has been damaged with something like the tip of a screw driver. To learn more please contact us and request a free sample.
GT Features and Benefits:
• Extremely high chemical and mechanical durability of keys
• Pressure points due to hard objects "heal" on their own and leave no scratch
• Creative aesthetics and exclusive design possibilities, e.g. application of the domes onto company logos, displays, LEDs, etc.
• Pleasant, operator-friendly keyboard overlay with optimal haptic
• Accelerated data entry due to elastic key domes
• Good tactile feedback
Antimicrobial protected membrane switches and keypads - hygienic for a lifetime
For hygienically demanding environments, such as medical and dental applications and the food industry, Hoffmann + Krippner offers a specially developed antimicrobial film for sustained protection of membrane switches and keypads against bacterial contamination.
This innovative membrane switch material combines antimicrobial properties with a hard, durable surface. The antimicrobial protection is directly integrated into the hard structured coating to ensure an even distribution of the antimicrobial agent across the entire overlay for the products service life.
When microorganisms come into contact with the surface of your user interface, their cell walls are penetrated by the protective agents within the membrane. Their cell functions are interrupted which prevents further growth and cell reproduction.
Hoffmann + Krippner provides state of the art custom input solutions for the ultimate man-machine interface experience. Put us through the test!
The antimicrobial effectiveness was tested with the following bacteria: